Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm Not Dead

I'm sorry everyone. I'm sure ya'll thought I was dead. Maybe, atleast I hope you were a bit concerned. Anyway, I wasn't dead, just mostly dead. There's a big diference between the two. Actually I was sick. It felt like a conbination of the flu and food poisoning all at the same time. In two little words, NOT FUN. I praise the Lord and thank my sweet Jesus that He has healed me though. I was very,, very miserable. But thankfully, as of yesterday, I'm back and I'm kicking :) Watch out world, here I come.

Not much to report on this week since I was sick. I spent alot of time in bed and in the bathroom. I did make it to most of the studies though, amazingly. I think the only two I missed were the ones on Thursday. In Osobompo on Tuesday Jose shared with us again. It's a blessing to have her willing to share. The Lord is really stretching her, growing her, and using her as an example to the rest of the ladies. I'm so thankful.

Last Sunday being the first Sunday of the month we had communion, which means food and fellowship!!! It was such a blessing. We had several new people. Plus a young man named Carlos gave his life to the Lord. Please pray for Carlos. As I have news on him I'll share it with you.

This week has also been filled with alot of discouragement. Why? I'm not sure. I think some of it can be contributed to my yucky sickness but it was obviously spiritual as well. But don't we know, our Lord is FAITHFUL. He's always there. Just waiting for us to give up and give in to Him. He's standing there waiting for us to take His hand so He can pick us up and dust us off. He's also there to carry us if we can't go on anylonger. How lucky we are to serve such an awesome, mighty, powerful, faithful, loving, and unchanging Father. He never ceases to amaze me and amazingly He never ceases either :)

Here are some of the verses that the Lord used to 'cheer me up'.

"Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me". ps 50:14-15
The Lord doesn't desire some supreme, all consuming sacrifice. He desires our thanks. Our hands raised, our hearts thankful. That's what He wants from us. Some some superhero christian.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of salvation, and uphold me with a willing Spirit." psalm 51:10-13
Renew a right Spirit. When our spirits are distracted, bruised, dry, He is there to restore them. Restore them so that they are reflecting Him, His light. "Restore the joy of your salvation", as christians we should be running around with a corny smile on our faces. Ok, maybe not but honestly.... Shouldn't we be joyful???????? Do we not have salvation? Do we not have eternal life? What is there not to be happy about???? Our problems are not going to last. Our sin has been conquered. Death itself has been conquered. We have a GOd who is also our Father, Friend, and Savior.

So to say the least, I'm no longer discouraged. God is always ready to boast a little, except that in his case it's not really boasting. He's always ready to show us His attributes, all of which are good. Always ready to prove His love and His faithfulness. Even though He's done more than we could have ever imagine He's still there to reassure us. Our Father loves us that much. So, let's walk around with smiles on our faces. Let's be filled with the joy of our salvation. The signs of His coming are many. We're getting ready to go home. The best part, there's no moving van to pack. I'm determined to live with all this in mind. I'm determined to share this, with whoever will listen. All I need is all of Him to replace all of me. It's a good thing I've got a big God.

Have a splendid Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear friend!

    You're in trouble!

    If you're sick, all you have to do is post:

    "I'm sick. Pray!"

    You hear?

    We love you; and, we want to support you in prayer.

    Don't forget to call your momma tomorrow!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete