Monday, August 9, 2010

www.facebook.com/php?aid=2073093&id=118o136761&1=c0e3fl0384

Hello everyone! Supposedly this link will allow you to view my facebook album. I have been trying for days to upload an update for ya'll. Unfortunatley the website won't let me put any pictures up. So, hopefully this will work.

I'm doing great. I thank you all for your constant prayers, I really do feel them.

Yesterday was communion sunday at the ranch. It was a huge blessing. Dan shared on Colossians 3. I love communion sundays for many reasons. I love that it's on the ranch, all I have to do is walk out of the house and across the yard, lol. I also love getting all of the people together. Communion sunday is the only time that we get ALL of the villages together. Vans come from Las Minitas, Mocuzari, Osobompo, Tesia, Navojoa, and Jusibompo. Then there's the people that come in cars, bikes, and buses. It's like a big family reunion once a month :) After the study we eat! Last night we had Posole. Posole is a soup or I guess a stew, really yummy. You eat it with tostadas and then add, onion, cilantro, and lime. It's a wonderful thing! We might be crazy thought for eating something served hot when it was around 100 degrees out.

The other thing I love about this culture is that they are continually saying hi to eachother. When the arrive they greet you. After the study they greet you. Then they say goodbye before they leave. There are hugs, kisses, and handshakes galore. There is nothing quite as sweet as a kiss on the cheek from a sister or brother in Christ.

This week we also had Pastor Fidel back with us. Thankyou to everyone who has been praying for him. His health is slowly improving. He still is unable to work though and still struggles eating. I have been told by his family that the Lord is using him just as much staying at home as He does when Fidel is out and about. It was good to have him back standing with us during worship.

Carla and Rogelio are having a little girl, due in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rumor is her name will be Naomi. We're all so excited to meet her.

Josie is also back on the ranch. For those of you who don't know Josie used to be part of the girls' home when the children's home was up and running. Josie is one of the family, we're so happy to have her. She'll be starting school in Alamos this next Monday.

Ana and Marilu will be leaving for Juarez this saturday to go to the consulate. Please pray for them. I'm sure you all know what a dangerous and dark place Juarez is. Please pray for their protection and favor at the consulate. If this all goes as planned Marilu will return with her visa to be married on August 30th. From there she and BJ will head to Big Sky Country to be welcomed by all of his friends and family waiting to meet her :)

I start with a new English student tomorrow. Please pray for that.

I thank the Lord that I seem to be acclimating a bit to the heat. The past several week si haven't been feeling so well because of it. I'm drinking lots of water!!!!

I just finished putting the rest of the food packages together for this month. We give 10 packages out eat month to very needy recipients. The packages contain; rice, beans,oil, lard, flour, cornmeal, salt, macaroni, tomato pure, sugar, coffee, soy, TP, and detergent . Basically all the basics. To sponsor a recipient it takes about $30 a month. Most of our recipients are very elderly ill people. There are also some families wiith children. This program is literally a godsend for it's recipients. This morning I went to drop off two of the packages with Ana. The people are so humble and grateful. One of the packages that we dropped off went to a very elderly couple in Alamos. They live at the end of a road, up a hill. So, we lugged the bags up and said, "Good Morning". The old man sat in the doorway with a baby parrot that he is nursing. Funny since to me it seems that he's the one who needs the nursing. After setting down the bags he proceeded to ask about many people by name. Ana told me later that he has an incredible memory. He remembers everything, names, dates, times, numbers as if he wrote them down and saved them. So, with a , "Dios te bendiga", off we went. It's bothering me that I can't remember his name....... If I remember to ask Ana for it I'll let you know later on.

Ok, peace out everyone!
Dios les bendiga!
Chelsea Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment