Sunday, August 22, 2010

Trying this again

Ok, so I just wrote a beautiful, long, detailed post.... But guess what???? It's gone, disappeared into cyberspace.............. So, I'm going to try to rewrite it. Only problem is, I'm not sure if I remember everything I wrote. Then again you guys really won't know if I leave anything out will you?!?!?! Hahhaha, OK, here we go.

It's hot here, really hot. I'm really sick of being sticky and wet. I mean liked soaked through with sweat wet, like all the way to your undies......

Ana and Marilu made it safely home from Juarez, THANK YOU JESUS. We were praying, praying, praying. We are so thankful that the Lord got them home safe and sound and so quickly. God truly gave them favor in all of the diferent places that they had to go. They made record time throughout the whole trip. We are so happy to have them back even though they were gone for such a short time. Marilu is now working on all the final preps for the wedding. She will become Mrs. BJ Schubert this next Monday evening.

Tomorrow I am going water heater hunting with Ana. A very generous person has donated some money to Rogelio and Carla. I was blessed with the opportunity of figuring out how to spoil them with it! So, that will be fun. They are going to need the hot water with little Naomi on the way. Carla and Rogelio are such a blessing for this ministry. Rogelio teaches several biblestudies and also works all week doing whatever needs to be done. He has such a servant's heart. Carla, who is 6 months pregnant, teaches the ladies biblestudy in Osobompo as well. As I said, they are such a blessing.

I have a praise report. Some of you know who Carolina (15) is, others do not. Carolina was a part of the children's home until it was shut down last year. She's a beautiful young lady that we all love very dearly. After the girls were taken away she went to live with an aunt in Navojoa.Her aunt does care for her but it is a very worldly enviroment and she has alot of freedom. Last year Ana's sister, Edy, and Edy's husband, Paco, wanted to take Carolina back to Mexicalli with them after their visit here. It ended up not working out. However this year, they were successful!!!!! Carolina is now in Mexicalli with Edy and Paco. For now the plan is for her to stay for atleast two months. However it will be up to Carolina to decide whether she wants to stay permanently. This is an answer to prayer for so many of us and a Godsend for Carolina. Edy and Paco will make her part of the family. They will teach her to follow the Lord as well. So, please continue to pray that the transition will go well and that Carolina will feel at home in Mexicalli.

I also found out this morning that we need to be praying for Carolina's cousin, Anahi. Anahi also lived here for quite a while. She is 18 and is now living in Mocuzari and is pregnant. Actually her due date was several days ago. We found out yesterday that she was taken to the hospital in Obregon. Apparently her water broke but she didn't tell anyone until 48 hours later. We are not aware of her current condition. Ana has been calling the hospital all morning but is not able to get through. She will be heading to Obregon later today with Dan and will go to the hospital. We are praying for the safety and health of both the baby and Anahi.

I bought a plane ticket to NY several days ago. I will be arriving on the 21st of October. I can't wait to see all of my friends and family and to stand by my dear Cati Gerwitz's side at the altar. Obviously before and after my time in NY I will be in MO with my family. I can't not explain or describe how much I'm looking forward to that. I have missed my family so much since I left them in March.

Last night I had 6 girls in my sunday school class, not a single boy. I had a hard time getting a word in edgewise, hahahahahaha. We read about Adam and Eve and the beginning of sin in the garden. Some of the girls, the new ones, had never heard this story before. Think about that, children 8 years old who don't know who Adam and Eve are. Suprisingly that would include a large majority of the population of this planet. It's hard for those of us who were raised in the church to comprehend. Anyway, after I finished the story one of the little girls had a question for me. "Teacher Chelsea, were Adam and Eve friends or were they married?"
I know that it is quite a logical question but I found it extremely amusing. It kept a smile on my face for quite a while afterwards...........

Ok, well I'm going to go attack some weeds. The greenery is about 4 feet high everywhere you look right now. Take care and God bless!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was "I had a hard time getting an edge in wordwise" ;) ha ha ha ha
    TQM

    ReplyDelete