Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Faith, you can't see it




"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redeption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance". Romans 8




Carla shared these verses in devotions this morning, they really hit home for me.


"But hope that is seen is not hope"....... How often to we say, "Lord, if I could just see?!?!!" How often I ask Him to let me see the plans He has for me. I ask to see my future. Or sometimes I ask just to see tomorrow. Sometimes I simply want to nkow the end of the conversation I'm having. Funny isn't it. We always want to know, we want to see. Sometimes I remind myself of Curious George, knocking down every stand in the grocery store just to see behind a counter..... hahahahahahaha..... Or the saying, "Curiosity killed the cat". I think that saying is so true. The Lord doesn't let us see because we're cats. The curiousity will kill us. How so? I don't think we could handle the future if we saw it. I don't think we'd be able to face tomorrow if we knew. Why? Because the Lord has us on a path. We learn as we go. He prepares us for the steps ahead. All that He requires is that we put one foot in front of the other. Like a good soldier. Obey and ask no questions. I wish I was more like that. I wish I would just let my curiousity go. I wish I could just be at peace with not know. We need to be at peace with anticipating. We need to just take His hand and put one foot in front of the other. After all, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. One bite after another til it's gone.


Here's a pic of my sunday night class in Osobompo. We have a great time! You can tell it was hot though, we're all shiny with sweat!

To name a few of the kids; Ximena, Abigail, Valeria, Alexis, Briseida, Lupita, Jesus, Fernanda, Juan, and several others.


Things are great here! Today I went and bought another months worth of despensas. It's so much
fun walking through the store and throwing 10 ro 20 of everything in th carts. Thanks to Lola for helping me :)
Marilu is officially a Schubert now. The wedding was Monday night. The was beautiful and the groom beaming. What more can one ask for. They are now heading for Montana. Please pray for the Lord's hand on their marriage and that Marilu wouldn't freeze to death, LOL !
Last tuesday at the Ladies's study in Osobompo we had a new lady come. Her name is Laura. It was a blessing to have her. Best part is, she accepted the Lord!!!!!!!!! So, if you can remember please pray for Laura!
Ok, time to go make dinner. We're having tostadas with every topping imagineable. Yep, I'm suffering on the mission field, hahahahahaha. Love ya'll!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment