Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yoke?

“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery”. Gal atians 5:1

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light”. Matthew 11

In the past whenever I thought about the yoke of the Lord I considered it to be a burden. I always thought a yoke was a burden. However, on Sunday, visiting Calvary Chapel Alamos, Pastor Javier shed new light on the subject. He said that the yoke the Lord has put upon is not to weigh us down, but to unite us to Himself. The yoke is a union not a burden. Think about that…. The weight, the burden is purposed not to tire us but to unite us to Him. It is through the yoke that we become one with him. This revelation simply overwhelmed me…. The consequences of this revelation are mindblowing…. What a relief I felt. What a sense of rest. The gratitude that I felt toward the Lord made me want to cry. Through our trial, in our time of need, we are one with Him. United, doing the job together! This is the purpose of trial and tribulation to push us into that yoke with Him so that we will not be alone.
God is good my friends….. God is good.

Last time I wrote I believe the group from Minnesota was here. They left shortly after. We are so thankful for their help and willingness to serve. I’m thankful because my vocabulary was stretched and grown while on the job site with them. I will probably never be a master builder or a contractor but I did learn quite a lot. The bathroom that the group started is not finished yet but is well on it’s way. We need another group to come and finish it!!!!


Soon after the group left I relocated to Alamos for a short time. A dear friend had surgery so I have been playing nurse and helper for the past week and a half. It has been a blessing and honor to serve her. I am still here in Alamos staying with her. Tomorrow or Friday I look forward to returning to the Ranch. I have missed my daily activities and obviously all of the congregation. It will be great to be back to my Sunday school classes as well after missing two Sundays with them.


I ask ya’ll to continue to pray as the meeting with DIF(social services) about opening the children’s home again draws near. April 4th is when they will be coming to speak with Dan and Ana. Please pray that the Lord would give all wisdom and understand to Dan and Ana regarding this situation. We are all very excited to see what comes of it.

I am also very excited to announce that one week from today my mother, yes MY MOTHER, my younger brother, my little sister, and dear friend, Cher, will be arriving!!!!!!!!! I am so blessed and excited!!! Please pray that the Lord would be with them as they travel.

My love to all. And a special shout out to my dear, dear, friend, Cati Grape who turns 21 today!!!!! Happy Birthday Cate J
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment