Wednesday, October 19, 2011

1 Cor 9

"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law(though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all thiis for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings". 1 Cor 9

I have always LOVED these verses! We are to live as pilgrims as travelers in this world. Who we are is NOT defined by our culture, our childhood, who our parents were or where we were born. We do not belong to any of these things. Our identity is is Christ. We rest not in where we have been but in what He has done for us. Our foundation is not our education, not the set of principles that the world has taught us to live by. Our foundation is Jesus Christ, and Him alone. Because of this we are unshakable. The waves that shake the world, the fear that is driving our world to destruction does not affect us. We are Not Of This World.

No comments:

Post a Comment