Friday, October 14, 2011

Maria Elena

Maria Elena is the girl on the right, in the pink sweater. She is 4th grade and will potentially be the first person in her family to graduate from high school, Lord willing. This little girl faithfully comes to church ever Tuesday and every Sunday. She plays on the worship team, stands right next to me :) :) :) :)
Her mother is lost in drugs and drinking, the rest of her family is uneducated and very superstitious. Her grandmother, Florencia, is the only believer in the family.
Maria Elena is always very heavy on my heart. Every time I see her I pray over her. I pray God's protection over her physically, spiritually, and mentally. She has a very hard road ahead of her. The odds are not in her favor. This last Tuesday she showed up looking sad, dirty, and tired. My heart broke (not the first time). My heart was filled with questions and doubts," Lord, why? How can you allow this? Why must she remain is such treacherous circumstances?"
I went to bed worrying and praying.
I woke up the next morning to these verses:

Psa 72:12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
Psa 72:13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
Psa 72:14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.

Jesus really loves the chidldren! We don't always understand why or how but after all, He is God. His ways and His thoughts are much greater than ours. I love Maria Elena, I really do, but my selfish, inperfect, love can not compare to His love for her. He created her, He knit her in her mother's womb. He died for her, and then rose again. He, not me, is preparing a place for her :) A place with no more pain, no more heartbreak, no more disappointments, and no more fear. God is on the throne. And, HE IS A GOD OF LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment