Friday, December 9, 2011

December 9th

Saludos!!! We celebrated Noemi's 1st birthday two weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe that she is a year old already. Time flies. She looked so cute... Then again she always looks cute :)
Is anybody else as amazed as I am that it’s already December 9th. Christmas is 2 weeks away! Our tree is up and decorated. I’m afraid to say that it is missing the Winnie the Pooh, Star Trek, and Veggie Tales ornaments that adorn the tree at 1727 Hillcrest Dr.

Since I last wrote we had the Fellowship Sunday here at the ranch.


It was a wonderful time of fellowship and worship. There were A LOT of people. We were happy to see many faces that we hadn’t seen in quite a while. The theme this year was Luke 4:18.


“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”. Luke 4:18


In the morning Pastor Dan encouraged us to be watchman, announcing His coming to the world.


“So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me”. Ezekiel 33:7


Sunday school was split up into morning and afternoon sessions. Daniela was with them in the morning and taught them the colors of the salvation bracelet. In the afternoon it was my turn. We made salvation bracelets and then watched a cartoon version of the Jim Elliot story.





Thanks to Tara, Josie, Monce, Dulce, and Karlita for helping. Also to Vanessa for taking care of the snacks.





Monce and Noemi :)




Aaliyah's new look :)



Below is Lolita teaching Sunday School this last Sunday.I really love it when we have church at the ranch :) We are so thankful that it's not hot and sweaty right now. Definately not missing being hot and sweaty.






Last week I took chocolate chip cookies to the kids in Huazahuari. THEY FELL IN LOVE. They came to class this week asking if I had made more cookies. I'm afraid that I've created a bunch of cookie monsters. Store bought cookies no longer cut-it. Two Wednesdays ago a lady named Luz gave her life to the Lord. Dan met Luz's husband in jail in Obregon. He is a Carla's (Noemi's mother) cousin. She went with us on the San Antonio/Huazahuari trip and gave her life to the Lord on the way back!!!!! She went with us again this week. Please pray for her and her three children.




Karla Melissa turned 14 last week. Once again, we are SO HAPPY to have her back with us. For her birthday Roshon took her out to the movies. We saw, 'Puss in Boots'.





We have started teaching the Christmas story in all of the Sunday School classes. Teaching the immaculate conception is something that I had never really thought about before... Interesting. Especially in a culture that is mainly catholic.



Dan and Ana are in Tucson. They left this morning and will pick up Rochelle and the twins on Monday. If God wills they should be here on Tuesday.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.... Remember the real reason for the season!
























No comments:

Post a Comment