Sunday, March 4, 2012

one of those moments

I had one of those moments the other day, I was in the shower............... hahahahahaha. Of course I was in the shower, where else do I have my deepest thoughts :) Actually this wasn't really my thought, it was a thought that the Lord put in my heart. I was in a hurry since I hadn't gotten up as early as I should have. I was lamenting that because of my reluctance to get out of bed I had missed my quiet time. Shampooing my head rather vigorously I was mentally beating myself up for my laziness. Thinking," How could you trade that precious time with your Savior for a little more sleep? How could you miss out on the peace, joy, and wisdom that fill you as a result of your time with Him?"

All of the sudden, " When you don't spend time with me you are not the only one missing out. You desire the fellowship to strengthen yourself, be guided and to be encouraged. But, I desire simply to be with you because I delight in you. That's why I created you".

Wow....... When I don't spend time with the Lord it hurts Him. Not simply because He wants to instruct me, not simply because He wants to impart some wisdom to me, or to give me a word for someone else. He WANTS to spend time with me, for Him.....Not because it benefits Him, obviously I have nothing to give Him. But because He DELIGHTS in me. The creator of the universe delights in ME. He delights in spending time with ME........ And when I don't give Him that chance I sadden Him, I disappoint Him.

"But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight". Ps 16:3

He created us, in His image, for His pleasure.
Ps 147:11 -The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
Psa 149:4 -For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

What do CD players do????, Well...................The play cds. A 4 year old could tell you that.
What does a toaster do?????? Not the one in the cartoon...... Just the plain old toaster sitting on your counter. It toasts things, right???? What about a washing machine??? It washes things........ My point is, things generally do what they are made to do... Unless they weren't made well, then they don't work. I, you, we were made to have communion with God. We were made so that He could take pleasure in us. He takes pleasure in time with us.... SO, are we doing what we were made to do? Tell me, what is the use of a toaster that doesn't toast or a washer that doesn't wash? What is it worth? Not much. What do you do with that toaster? To the dump it goes. So, if we are not fulfilling our created purpose what are we doing? What are we accomplishing? Are we just gathering gathering dust and taking up room?
HOW IS IT THAT WE CANNOT FIND TIME TO DO WHAT WE WERE CREATED TO DO?
How upside down, backwards, and messed up is that????????????? Let me clarify. You were not created to be a doctor, a baker, a teacher, an artist. You were not even created to be a mother, husband, or pastor. Yes, those are callings.. Those are things that come as a result of us fulling our purpose. What's our purpose??? TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST. Once again I repeat, you can't know someone you don't spend time with. What kind of relationship would that be? Neither are relationships formed through one-way conversations.

Anyway..............................
Life at Rancho Maranatha is good, a blessing as always.
Yesterday the group from Minnesota left. They were a huge blessing. They filled their days as mechanics and plumbers :)
We also had Lance, from Big Bear, visiting. Lance was a blessing and shared at many of the studies.
Oh yes, I HAVE A HUGE PRAISE REPORT. God has healed Levi Ray! Since this precious little boy was born 4 years ago we have been praying for a miracle. Praying that God would heal his airway so that he would be able to breathe the way he was created to. After many, many surgeries and sleepless nights Levi is officially trache free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a blessing! Thankyou God!
Yesterday we had Rebecca's "Just Arrived" party. On Tuesday Rebecca will be one month old. I am exactly 20 years older than her. I couldn't possibly have asked for a better birthday gift. The whole family is doing well. Noemi seems to really love her little sister. My camera died, so I 'm sorry to say that I don't have any photos :(
On Wednesday we celebrated Dan's 14th birthday :)
Karla Melissa gave her life to Jesus Christ last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD.
All the bible studies continue. Things in Huazahuari are progressing slowly. The ladies that Rogelio shares with seem to be hungering continually for the Word. The children continue to be challenging. They are filled with some many superstitions and are taught so many dark things. I pray that the Lord would give me wisdom and show me how to show them the truth. They have been enjoying new soccer balls, bats, and cones. Thanks James!!!!!!!
Today gives us exactly a month til the Ladies Day. We have soooooo much to do , as always :) All you ladies are invited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jo and Jerry will be leaving soon :( They will be sadly missed.....................
I will be heading to the states with my mom after the Ladies Day. I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family! Yes, I'm counting the days ;)
Please continue to pray for us and the many places we minister to. Here's the list for those of you who don't have it:
Monday-Dan goes to the jail in Obregon
Tuesday- Ladies's studies in Osobampo and Jus,ibampo in the AM, Mezquital Tesia in the evening.
Wednesday- San Antonio, Huazahuari, and Alamos
Thursday- Jusibampo and Mocuzari
Friday- Las Minitas
Saturday- home :)
Sunday- Navojoa in the AM and Osobampo in the evening

Thankyou all SOOOOO much for your financial and spiritual support. YOU ARE A HUGE BLESSING. Keep it up :)
Blessings from Rancho Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment