Saturday, March 17, 2012

Time Flies

Time has been FLYING by!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom will be here in 2 weeks, then the Ladies Day, then we head back to MO!!!!!!!!!!
I would say that I'm counting the days but honestly time is going by so quickly that I don't have TIME to count the TIME. It seems that the more days go by the longer my to-do list gets... I think it's supposed to be the other way around.
There is not a doubt in my mind that the Lord is coming soon. Every day seems darker than the one before. Every day our light needs to shine brighter. I'm remembering a kids song that we used to sing when I was little,
♪Give me oil in my lap, keep me burning, burning, burning. Give me oil in my lamp, I pray. Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning, burning, burning. Keep me burning til the break of day♫

In the perilous times we live in this needs to be our daily cry to the Lord. It seem the more necessary it becomes the more dificult it is to stay focused. The devil is just waiting for us to be lulled to sleep by the materialism and false security that surrounds us. He's begging us to conform. He's begging us to become one with the world. He wants to cheat us. Don't let him, don't let him get away with it. Don't allow him to be worshipped through your life, your family, or your job. Don't bow down to him. He wants your adoration and your worship and he DOES NOT deserve it. Give it to Him to whom it is due. Give the glory to God, FOREVER. Worship him in your every deed, your every step, your every word. Now, not tomorrow because we have no guarantee of tomorrow!!!!!!!! We are surrounded by such willful ignorance and apathy. People need to be woken up to the truth. But how can they if we ourselves are buying into the lie?

Would you believe someone who came up to you at a buffet and told you that the food was poisoned and then went and served themselves a heaping plate of that very food????? No....... If there's no urgency in our cry why should they listen?

Now I'm not saying that we should to go out to the nearest street corner and scream John 3:16. Neither am I saying that the Lord won't come if we are not busy knocking on doors. And I am defintely not saying that we should stop being mothers, fathers, teachers, wives, and employees in order to save the world. In fact, we can't save the world, don't even bother trying. However, let us, in everything we say and do, lift up the name of the God Most High. That is what will triumph. That is what will pursuade hearts. That is what sets us apart from the rest of the world.
Resurection Sunday is coming up soon. Remember, it's not about bunnies, eggs, or Easter dresses. It's a reminder that we serve a LIVING GOD and He is an ALL CONSUMING FIRE. He is also the redeemer of our souls, the creator of the universe. He holds us in His hand, nothing can move us.

No comments:

Post a Comment