Thursday, December 23, 2010

In Mexico

Hello Everyone!
Yes, I am back in Mexico. And let me tell you I it the ground running! Jonny and I flew to Tucson, AZ on Thursday and spent several days with our dear friends the Hawkins. Love those guys, they are the best! Then Sunday night around 8 Jonny, Jason Slusher, and I boarded a Tufesa bus and we hit the road. We stopped at the border to get our visas and to my horror they made me push the magic button. You see at the border they have this contraption that looks like a traffic light, only no yellow light, just red and green. You push a button and the light turns either red or green. If it's green you're free to go. If it's red they stop you and search everything. So, I was pushing the button for the whole bus. If the light showed green everyone would have to get off and then we'd have to unload all the luggage! It would mean adding another hour or so to our journey. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told the immigration officer, "Really, I don't want to push the button". But do you think he listened to me?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
Anyway after all my sweating, worrying, and hair pulling I pushed the stupid button !
Guess what?????


IT TURNED GREEN!
You know what that means??!?!?!?! Ya'll were praying!!!!! I thankyou, everyone one of you, so much for your prayers. I realized afterwards that I should have volunteered to push the button to begin with. I was most definately covered with my prayer than anyone else in that bus, hahaha. Praise Jesus!

So, we got to the ranch around 6 am the next morning. I'm still unpacking. I've realized that I need more storage space, shelves maybe.
All of the ladies' studies this week are canceled because of Christmas so Tuesday morning I spent with the fish. It was good to see my old friends! Tuesday evening we were off to Tesia. It was so great to see everyone. I missed them all so much!
Wednesday, yesterday, was fish and Mezquite trees all morning. The Mezquite trees were a bit more brutal than the fish. For those of you that don't know about Mezquite they produce thorns much like the ones that made up the crown of thorns that was put on Jesus' head at the crucifiction. They're quite dangerous. Always wear gloves and long sleeves when dealing with them! They have to be taken care of though because they show no mercy on car tires! One of those babies in the tire and it's flat, fast.

So there's my first 3 days back at Rancho Maranatha everyone!
More later, God Bless!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have certainly been covered in prayer!! I was up late that night too!!! I am so blessed the Lord answered! TQM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete