Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello, Hello


"Faith is not a sense, nor sight, nor reason, but simply taking God at His word".

-Christmas Evans


"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable". Romans 11


"You will never learn faith in comfortable surroundings. God gives us His promises in a quiet hour, seals our covenants with great and gracious words, then steps back, waiting to see how much we believe. He, then allows the tempter to come and the ensuing test seems to contradict all that He has spoken. That is when faith wins its crown. This is the time to look up through the storm, and among the trembling, frightened sailors declare, "I have faith in God that it will happen just as He told me".


These quotes put into words much better than I ever could what the Lord has been doing with me in the last several weeks. It has been tough. I have learned yet again that I do not run fast enough to my Father's arms in times of trouble and doubt.


The craziness of Christmas, the wedding, and New Year is now over with. Most of our visitors have gone home. I am looking forward to settling down in to some sort of schedule once again. I have to admit that I am a creature of habit and like having consistency in my days. I think we all do to some extent or another. Chaos just simply is not restful.
Yesterday the group from Nebraksa arrived. We are very excited to have them here. They will be working of fixing up Roshon's old house. Hopefully they will be able to weather proof it and bug proof it :) We all know that living here it's pretty much impossible to keep the bugs out, hahahahah. However we should be able to keep the water out.
This morning is the ladies' study in Osobampo. It will be my first week back because they canceled during Christmas vacation. I am very excited. Roshon has been teaching this study as well as the one in Mocuzari tomorrow because Carla is still on maternity leave.
This afternoon I'll be heading in to town with Jo and the ladies from the group to buy the things for the despensa. We will be handing them out in Navojoa, Alamos, Mocuzari, Tesia, and Huatabampo throughout the week. The Lord has been faithful is raising support for this program :) :)
Later this week we will be going to Dona Florencia's house to take food and to share the word. Florencia came up to me on Sunday for prayer. She simply wanted to pray for the salvation of her family. I will do my best to take pics when we go.
Happy New Year to everyone. I pray that perhaps Jesus will come for us in the year of 2011. If not I suppose we'll just have to continue th race, never giving up, never letting go of the promise of His returning.
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Oh yeah, I already said that :) ... I guess it's the only word that fits!

    ReplyDelete