Monday, August 8, 2011

Just for a little while

"You, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; We are all the work of your hand". Isaiah 64

This morning I sat down and had coffee with Jesus :) My heart was feeling quite broken and forlorn. I felt out of place, wondering which way was up. It was one of those days when you feel like you have nothing to show for your work. One of those times you wonder if all you've done is for naught. I had so many questions buzzing around in my head. So many things that I need answers for, NOW. hahaha. My own advice kept biting me from behind..... Just yesterday I sent someone an email saying, "If God hasn't given you the answer then obviously it's not really time to make the decision". Funny 'haha' or funny ironic? I opened my bible to where I'm reading in 2 Samuel and I ran into David, fleeing from his son, Absalom....... Here I am doubting the Lord's calling on my life and I most certainly don't have my own son chasing me down to kill me. Don't you think maybe David was wondering if the Lord really had anointed him to be king over Israel? And yet he continued to walk by faith. He didn't throw himself on the ground in order to have a temper-tantrum.

Then I came across John 16,"They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you.............In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me".......
Sometimes the 'little while' seems like ALOT of while when we feel persecuted, alone, or misunderstood.
" I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. .......... I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world". John 16

So, are you weeping and mourning while the world rejoices?Or maybe it's the opposite; are you rejoicing while the world seems hopeless????? Praise the Lord brothers and sisters!!!! This means that we are living for the kingdom to come, we are living for eternity with Jesus Christ. We are misfits. When your mindset is different from any other, when the world says that you're backwards, old-fashioned, or a loser, REJOICE. We are Christ's! He is the Potter, the Father, we are the clay. The purpose of this life is for Him to mold us into His image. so, be moldable with me, be teachable.... Be slow to speak and quick to listen. This is just for a 'LITTLE WHILE'. Soon we'll be going HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment