Friday, June 25, 2010

Peanut M&M's are a gift from God

They really are, I swear it to be true. Roshon brought me back a bag from her trip to the states. Unfortunately the container is left than half empty at this point. I wish Jesus would do a little water and wine trick. I put pebbles in the container and night and wake up to M&M's. That would sure be nice. I also probably wouldn't be quite so skinny. LOL

Moving on to more serious matters, 1st Peter really rocks. Obviously the whole bible rocks but the Lord has really been speaking to me through Peter lately. Here's a couple of verses:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
Ok, so let me reiterate this. We have a LIVING HOPE. What is a living hope? A living hope is a hope that can't die. It goes on, and on, and on, and on. So when we wake up in the morning and say, "I can't go on, I can't do it today" we're lying to ourselves. Our hope, which is Jesus Christ, doesn't fail and never ends. Our living hope is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading. Can you find one thing in this world that fits that description? I sure can't. Our living hope is greater than this world. He can't be destroyed(imperishable), He's perfect (undefiled), and He's never-ending (unfading). Yes my friends, our God is an awesome God.
"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested geniuneness of your faith- more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
So our our trials, are for a little while. And not only that, they are to result in praise, glory, and honor for our Jesus Christ. So I ask, "Is it not all worth it?". Is our suffering not worth it if it glorifies, honors, and praises our Father. In my case I would definately say that it worth it. I would go through this life and it's trials over and over again if it would continue to glorify Him. After all is that not why we were created? We were created for a purpose, to glorify our Father. We were created so that in our weakness we could bask in His greatness. But are we? Are we focused on ourselves? Or are we standing in awe and wonder at the omnipotence(I'm sure I spelled that wrong) of our God.
This is our choice. We choose every day of our lives what we are going to represent, what we are going to glorify. Him or ourselves?
"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, bt as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy".
I repeat, we were created, in His image, for a purpose. To be holy as He is holy. Let us desire that. Let that be our passion, our purpose, our joy. So that our joy may be full................

No comments:

Post a Comment