Saturday, June 5, 2010

Psalm 65

"Praise is due to you, O God, in Zion,
and to you shall vows be performed.
O you who hear prayer,
to you shall all flesh come.
When inquities prevail against me,
you atone for our transgressions.
Blessed is the one you choose and bring near,
to dwell in your courts!
We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house,
the holiness of your temple!
By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness.
O God of our salvation,
the hope of all the ends of the earth
and of the farthest seas;
the one who by his strength established the mountains,
being girded with might;
who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves,
the tumult of the peoples,
so that those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs.
You make the going out of the morning and the evening to shout for joy.
You visit the earth and water it;
you greatly enrich it;
the river of God is full of water;
you provide their grain,
for so you have prepared it.
You water its furrows abundantly,
settling its ridges,
softening it with showers,
and blessing its growth.
You crown the year with your bounty;
your wagon tracks overflow with abundance.
The pastures of the wilderness overflow, the hills gird themselves with joy,
the meadows clothe themselves with flocks,
the valleys deck themselves with grain,
they shout and sing together for joy. "

This is our God. He is mighty, He is all powerful. It says above that He answers us with righteousness by His awesome deeds. Are you ready to see those awesome deeds in your life? Are you ready for the God who's strength established the mountains to answer you????
Don't forget that He is good, always and forever. He rains down on us. It says in this psalm that his river is FULL of water. I don't know that one truly appreciates water until they've lived in the desert. Water is a powerful thing. When it rains here it's like everything comes alive. Every tree, every bush, sometimes it seems like even the rocks themselves come to life. Everything smells fresh and new. The birds sing like never before. The trees, which before seemed dead and bare, instantly bloom flowers of the most exotic colors. It's a miracle. It's a miracle that our Father in heaven performs over and over again, hundreds of times a day around the world. He brings life, refreshing water, to the big and the small, the ugly and the pretty, the insignificant and the mighty. He doesn't overlook or forget. No plant is too small to miss a raindrop.

On a completely diferent note, I got to talk to my family last night!!! Well I talked with my siblings anyway. It was so awesome! I miss them terribly. I can't believe how much they're changing.It's only been 3 months but both Gabe and Sonora sound so big and grown up. I have to admit that I've been struggling a bit with that. I don't want to miss a moment of their childhood. I don't want ot miss their growing pains or their 'firsts'. I want to be there for them whenever and however they need me. But the Lord has diferent plans. I know that He is sovereign and faithful. I'm so thankful that I can put them in His hands and know there is no better place. Praise Him for that.
I also got to skype with my dearest Cati Gerwitz as well. That was a super blessing. :)

Ok everyone, have a splendid day, I'm off to make pancakes!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you as well, dear Chelsea.

    It does seem like your littles are growing so quickly this last few weeks.

    I know what it's like to go away for an extended period when you have little siblings. Keep those notes and calls coming to them. It will make all the difference.

    Blessings to you dear one.
    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete